Monday, January 25, 2010

An afternoon in Hollywood Studios That Is

Hi everyone who reads this. I think there are a few of you out there!

Well today was a little up in the air as to what we were going to do. We had the family meeting in our room and decided to hit the Orlando Premium Outlet mall in the morning and then go to Disney Hollywood Studios after lunch and stay until 10 as it was the extra magic hours.

I had not bought anything up to today but I fixed that at the outlet mall!! We went to the Disney outlet and I bought a few shirts. Nothing much. Then I went down to the Puma outlet. I love their shoes. Well everything was 40% off the ticket price so I got a cute pair of runners! I can't wait to get home and wear them. We wandered around and ended up at LuLuLemon and I bought a pair of Capri's. They were on sale to!! not a bad day of shopping.

Lunch was nothing spectacular-- Taco Bell but it filled me up! We ran to Goodings grocery store and boy did it ever look like it was going out of business but mom asked if they were closing and the girl just looked at her and said nope. The shelves were bare. Oh well it's not a Disney trip if we don't get there at least once.

We got to the DHS and headed straight for Tower of Terror!!! The sign said there was going to be a 30 min wait so we thought that it wouldn't be to bad so we got in line. Well it turned out to be maybe 10 min of waiting in line and then we were at the elevator!! It was Kevin and Britta's first time riding it so it was fun.
I can't believe how much I love that ride. I love when the elevator doors open and you can see all across the park but that feeling only lasts for a split second and then another feeling takes over. One of "I think I left my stomach at the top of the ride ha ha!!" I was going to count how many times we were up and down but forgot after we dropped the first time.

We went to Rockin' Roller Coaster but the sign said 40 min and the line looked like it would be longer than that so we grabbed a fast pass and set off for Muppet's 3-D! It it to funny. I am not a huge fan of the 3-D stuff I find it makes me go cross eyed.

Left Muppet's and ran to Lights, Motors, Action. We literally had to run cause it was starting as we decided to go see it. This was the first time I had seen it and oh man are those stunt people great! I will for sure see it again.

Our fast pass window was quickly coming to an end so Dad, Douglas, Britta, and I booted it across the park to make it before our time ran out. We made it. Mom and Kevin decided they would sit this one out. Neither are roller coaster people. RNR is so great. Not a huge Aerosmith fan but it is sure a fun ride.

We rode the boat over to Beaches and Cream for supper. It was the first time any of us had been there. I had a hamburger and onion rings. WOW is all I can say. They were wonderful, I highly recommend eating there! Then we had their "Kitchen Sink" you get 8 scoops of ice cream 1 entire can of whipped cream and all the toppings all in yep you guessed it a kitchen sink. There are 6 of us and we barely got thru it. It was very very good!

We walked back (well waddled or rolled would be the correct terms) to DHS for extra magic hours and were not really going to do anything big but I convinced Dad, Douglas and Britta to do Tower of Terror again mom and Kevin sat this one out. We were a little worried about what all that ice cream was going to do but we were all fine.

Then it was off to Toy Story Mania. A new one for all of us. It was a blast. Sadly it was then 10:00 and the park was closing. Really it was ok cause I think I was asleep on my feet. A quick trip to Walgreens and Winn Dixie and we came back to the hotel. We sat in the hot tub for about 30 min and came back to the room.

Well I think that sums up the day. Now it is almost 2 am and I need sleep!! So pictures will come tomorrow.
Night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment